Last updated on December 31st, 2018 at 12:01 pm
If you are visiting South America for a few weeks, Brazil and Peru are without a doubt the power couple of the continent and should be at the top of your list. Now you can easily combine a trip to both countries! Read on for 5 reasons why we recommend going on a Brazil and Peru tour this summer.
#1. Combining Brazil and Peru has never been easier!
Seamlessly connect Brazil and Peru with Iguazu Falls. Iguazu Falls is a must-see destination in South America and was recently named one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. LAN and TAM offer direct flights to Iguazu Falls from Lima, Rio de Janeiro, and other major cities. Explore the contrasts of South America, travel from the white sandy beaches of Brazil to Iguazu Falls and finish with the Inca ruins in Peru.
#2. See the Highlights of Brazil
If you are visiting Brazil for a few weeks, definitely make sure to see:
- Iguazu Falls – Visit the world’s largest waterfalls extending over 2.7 kilometers (1.67 miles) and stand in awe as you admire the 275 falls dominating the region.
- Rio de Janeiro – See the bustling city of Rio de Janeiro, famous for the beautiful beaches, friendly locals, and dramatic green mountains. You’ll leave Rio wanting more.
- The Amazon – Visit the vast Amazon Jungle in Brazil to see diverse flora and fauna. Spot the macaw, caiman, monkey, toucan, sloth and maybe even the jaguar. Choose between an Amazon cruise or a lodge.
#3. See the Highlights of Peru
If you are visiting Peru for a few weeks, definitely make sure to see:
- Machu Picchu – Follow the trail of the Incan people to the mysterious Machu Picchu, a perplexing and spiritual destination.
- Colca Canyon – See the Andean Condor, and admire the world’s largest flying bird with a wingspan that can reach up to 3.2 meters (10 feet).
- The Amazon – Fly from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonaldo to easily combine the famous Incan ruins with the jungle. Look for macaws, caiman, monkeys and more as you dive into the Amazon.
- The Lake Titicaca – Visit the floating reed islands where the indigenous Uru people still live. Cruise around the highest commercially navigable lake in the world and the largest lake in South America.
#4. Take Advantage of Limited Travel Specials!
Spring Special! Take advantage of our Spring Special promotion where you can get 20% off your Brazil and Peru Tour if you travel from May 1st through July 31st, 2016.
Brazil Visa Waiver: To top it all off, Brazil has temporarily waived visa requirements for citizens of the US, Canada, and Japan. You can travel to and from Brazil visa-free starting June 1st until September 18th. All you need is your valid passport!
#5. Recommended Brazil and Peru Tours
Scroll through our most popular Brazil and Peru Tours. Then contact us and we can customize the perfect tour.
Our World Wonders of South America tour allows you to see the best highlights including, Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls, and Rio de Janeiro. This tour is the perfect introduction to South America, especially if you only have a few weeks to travel.
This is a comprehensive tour that takes you on one of the most scenic trips in South America, hitting breathtaking landscapes through different countries such as Peru, Bolivia, and Brazil.
Start planning your custom Brazil and Peru tour today! Get started online at www.SouthAmerica.travel.